Adventure starts at $2,500 based on double occupancy.
Single Supplement is available for those who wish to not share a room.
Our newest adventure is one that will take you to the edge of Europe. From parts of this trip explorers left to discover the "new world". You will explore the rural villages and seldom used roads by bicycle. There are gravel road options as well as our normal tarmac route. Portugal is has some of the best foods and most beautiful roads of any our adventures. We visit in the saddle seasons to avoid the tourist rush, although Portugal is of the main tour track even in peak season, and soak in more of the local flavor and atmosphere.
Day One - Lisbon
Arrive in Lisbon and explore the city.
We will visit two different breweries before dinner in a converted castle.
Day Two - Ride through Arrabida Nature Reserve
Transfer to our castle lodging, fit bikes and go for a ride. Arrabida slopes offer great views over the Troia Peninsula and the Sado Estuary River with its mud flats, shallow lagoons and salt marshes. We will ride along to Setubal and taste great fresh fish and seafood, hopefully some craft beer and wine as well. (30m)
Day Three - Sado Estuary and its Rice Paddies
We will ride along the sea through a fishing and rice producing communities. From there we will cycle past vineyards and more lagoons before reaching our stop for the evening. (45m)
Day Four - Seaside Ridding
Riding a tiny layer of paved road bordering the Atlantic to Porto Covo beaches, where you will enjoy views of this immense blue ocean. Porto Covo is welcoming picturesque small village, with very attractive sand beaches hidden in the cliff shore! (45 miles)
Day Five - Costa Vicentina Nature Reserve
As we continue South, the landscape changes. The coast is dominated by cliffs and the sea will become even more powerful. We will go on quiet back roads only popular among fishermen. We will leave the Alentejo and enter the Algarve Region to explore some of the wildest areas of the west coat with its deserted beaches much appreciated by surfers. In Aljezur you can ride up to the Moorish Castle and enjoy splendid views. (57miles)
Day Six - The Sea and Lagos
We will have the opportunity to discover beautiful ochre colored cliffs and attractive sand beaches, before reaching the extreme southwestern tip of the European continent. This area was very dynamic during the Age of Discovery and it is still maintaining a stunning ancient look. You will ride from Sagres towards Lagos along the seacoast. (55miles)
Day Seven - Conclude our tour in Lagos.
A shuttle is available back to Lisbon for those who need one.
- All lodging during the adventure is based on double occupancy.
- Carbon Road or hybrid bicycle for your adventure. E Bikes are a vailable for a small extra charge
- Breakfast each day.
- Snacks and drinks are provided during each ride.
- Three Dinners are included and three lunches.
- Beer tasting and tours at select breweries.
- Entrance fees and admission when applicable
- Beer & Bike water bottle.
- Cue sheets, GPS and guided directions for each days adventure.
- knowledgeable guides trained in bicycle repair, customer service and first aid.
- Luggage and gear transfer between hotels.
Price Does Not Include
- Transportation to and from the adventure.
- Pre and post tour accommodations.
- Our guides and field staff are around before and after each tour.
- If you would like to stay with us give a call and we are happy to help you sort it out.
- If you are traveling alone or just do not want to stay in the same room as the folks you are with we have the option for a single room for an additional $500.
- Must be able to ride a bicycle.
- Must be 18 years old to drink beer.
- This trip requires an intermediate level of fitness. The daily rides vary from 20 - 60 miles with altitude gains each day.
- 2018 Dates
- September 18-24
- November 6-12
- Custom dates for small groups available.
- 2019 dates coming soon.
On this adventure we will be staying at mix of hotels, small inns, castles and bed & breakfasts.
- Fabrica' Musa
- Dois Corvos
- Amo Brewing
- Many small pubs with local and regional craft beer
- And of course we will be having some yummy Portugeuse wine.